Discover and Grow
Whether you call them pergolas, shade structures, awnings, or patio covers, flexible and dynamic new technology offers a major upgrade to traditional wood or canvas outdoor patio covers. Learn more about this advancement in technology to broaden your outdoor living design offerings; answer product, installation, and application questions from your clients; and earn AIA or ASLA continuing education credits in our informational one-hour ‘lunch and learn.’
• AIA & ASLA Course Title: Automated Exterior Shade and Shelter
• Course Number: AIA: 404108459-3 ASLA: Assigned Per Course
• Delivery Provider: StruXure Outdoor, Inc.
• Topic: Exterior Improvements
• Course Format: Instructor-led face-to-face (online course format available)
• Keywords: motorized technology, effects of weather, outdoor spaces, louvered roofs, outdoor living, protection, outdoors, balance, shade and shelter
• Curriculum Group Name: AIA Providers & ASLA Providers
• Number of Course Learning Units: 1
• Credit Designation: Learning Unit / Health Safety Welfare (LU/HSW)
• Sustainable Design Content: Yes
What You'll Learn
• Identification: Learn how to identify various louvered roof designs and components, including how this traditional backyard feature has evolved to fit more architectural styles.
• Construction: Learn how components fit together, including installation basics for freestanding and attached systems.
• Operation: Identify operation system configurations and components, such as remote, smart device control, and sensor technology for louvered roof systems and accessories (screens, curtains).
• Functionality: Including how motorized shade and shelter technology can better control the weather and support health.
• Sustainability: Uncover the advantages of various materials and features, and why they’ll stand the test of time.
• Q&A: At the end of the session, any additional questions will be addressed in a live Q&A.