You are here
Celebrate National S’mores Day Under Your Struxure
Every year on August 10th, families and friends gather around their campfires to celebrate a classic summer treat…S’mores! National S'mores Day may not be an officially recognized national day (which requires an act of Congress) but that’s not stopping anyone from celebrating with a few gooey, chocolatey S’mores. Made from the delicious combination of melted milk chocolate and sticky toasted marshmallows, sandwiched between two crisp graham crackers, S'mores are the quintessential summer treat.
Quick History of S’mores
• Originally called “some mores,” (because after eating one, young kids chanted "gimme some more!”), the first known s'mores recipe was published in the Girl Scouts handbook Tramping and Trailing With the Girl Scouts in 1927.
• In 1956, the recipe was once again printed, with its new name “S’mores” in a book called “The Omnibus Of Fun”.
• In 1974, the Merriam-Webster dictionary officially recognized S’mores as “a dessert consisting usually of toasted marshmallow and pieces of chocolate bar sandwiched between two graham crackers.”
How to Celebrate National S’mores Day
Celebrate National S’mores Day, by enjoying the sweet treats with your family and friends of all ages. While adults and older children roast the marshmallows let little ones assemble the graham crackers and milk chocolate. Then sit back and enjoy your tasty treats all together.
• Campfire S’mores: Gather around a campfire and tell ghost stories like the treat’s creators did almost 100 years ago.
• Fire Pit S’mores: Create a makeshift campfire at home over your backyard fire pit.
• Grilled S’mores: Want to make S’mores without making a fire? Wrap your S'mores in aluminum foil, then place on a medium-hot grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
• Tips: Marshmallows cook faster on a metal rod or coat hanger (rather than a wooden stick) and they cook more consistently over coals than over flames.
Enjoy Your S’mores Under an Struxure Roof
Create a new family tradition, right in your own backyard—celebrate National S’mores Day under your Struxure roof. At Struxure, we are changing the way people enjoy their outdoor spaces throughout the year. Our 'smart roofs' continue to evolve and provide an adjustable atmosphere of sun, shade, and shelter for all of your outdoor living needs. An Struxure roofing system will create a welcoming outdoor retreat for you, your family, and your friends to enjoy S’mores Day and every other day of the year. Contact your local dealer today!