It was announced on January 4, 2022 that StruXure—the premier manufacturer of luxury pergolas and cabanas—was acquired by publicly-traded The AZEK Company, Inc. (AZEK). For anyone familiar with AZEK, you know that it is the innovative manufacturer of beautiful, low maintenance, and environmentally sustainable outdoor living products, with a deep commitment to making a lasting impact on the world by accelerating the use of recycled materials. We’ve put together some highlights about why the acquisition is so exciting for StruXure and what it means for StruXure moving forward.
- The AZEK Company, Inc. was founded in 1983, and went public on June 12, 2020.
- Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, AZEK operates manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Minnesota, and recently announced a new facility will open in Boise, Idaho.
- AZEK’s business units include TimberTech® decking, AZEK Exteriors®, Versatex® building products, Ultralox Interlocking® Technology, Scranton Products®, Vycom®, Return Polymers, Inc.™, and now StruXure® pergolas.
- StruXure’s and AZEK’s visions, cultures, and strategies closely align.
- Both come from humble beginnings with a desire to do the right thing for consumers and communities at large.
- Both want to revolutionize outdoor living for a healthier and more sustainable future.
- Both are focused on innovation to create and perpetuate stylish, durable, low-maintenance and environmentally sustainable products.
- Products across AZEK’s portfolio are made from up to 100% recycled material and primarily replace wood on the outside of homes and buildings, providing a long-lasting, eco-friendly and stylish solution to consumers.
- AZEK acquired TimberTech—makers of high-performance, nature-inspired composite decking—in 2012.
- StruXure and TimberTech have clients with a common purpose: to improve their outdoor spaces using the finest, technologically-advanced, sustainable products. Consequently, StruXure and TimberTech can expand their individual reach through this new partnership, or team up to offer even more comprehensive solutions and value to clients.
- StruXure will remain in charge of its daily operations, maintaining its individual brand and focus, but now with added benefits.
Over the past 10 years, StruXure has not only grown its sales exponentially, but also its purpose: to create the most sustainable shade solutions, to serve humanity through innovation, and to bring the indoors out. We believe that with the support and depth of AZEK and its outstanding product lines, and StruXure’s unwavering commitment to never stop innovating, there will be no limit to StruXure’s future imprint on outdoor living the world over.